Tacos, Birria & Mocktails: A Trip to Flavor Town at Tacos El Tio in Egg Harbor Township
The summer is winding down. It’s almost time for local summer. I’m still very busy, and I apologize if my writing is taking a hit because of it. When you live, work, and play in a party town, time just isn’t real. Or at least, it feels like 1 minute happens in 1 second. But I did find time to find a couple mocktails!
Tacos and birria will always have a special place in my heart. So, when we found ourselves at Tacos El Tio in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, I was more than ready to dig in.
From the moment we arrived, things were off to a great start. We were seated right away, and our server was incredibly friendly. Of course, one of my first questions had to be about a mocktail. I asked, and he didn’t hesitate.
The Mocktail
Soon, a Virgin Mojito with pomegranate appeared at the table.
Oh. Yea. It was bubbly, fresh, minty, a little tart, and absolutely delicious. Honestly, I could sit at the bar sipping on these all night!
And because no Mexican meal is complete for me without one, I also had to order a horchata. Our server brought over a nice, cold glass of that creamy, cinnamon-filled goodness, and let me tell you… I dare you to find a better drink.
Sure, I’m guessing the sugar content is probably off the charts, but my goodness, is it worth it.
The Food
As soon as we ordered, our server brought out house-made chips and salsa. God, I love endless chips and salsa. There is just something about sitting at the table, snacking away, and knowing more delicious food is on the way. The chips were fresh, and the salsa had just the right amount of flavor to keep me going back for more.
Joe ordered the Churrasco, a 10-ounce skirt steak topped with flavorful sautéed mushrooms and served with chipotle mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. This dish just screamed flavor!
The steak was thin but juicy, and the mashed potatoes soaked up all those delicious drippings. The grilled asparagus was there to gently remind him that, yes, he should probably eat a vegetable with all that steak and potatoes.
As for me, I ordered the Veggie Tacos, but I was craving shrimp too. Thankfully, they were happy to add fresh shrimp right on top.
These corn tortillas were loaded with corn, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, spinach, queso fresco, and salsa verde, then topped with shrimp. Oh. My. God. I could eat these every single day.
But of course, I couldn’t leave Tacos El Tio without trying the Birria Tacos.
These beautiful tacos were filled with chili-marinated Black Angus beef, quesillo, onions, and cilantro. And then came the best part: the side of consommé for dipping. This dish was absolutely bomb!! It was juicy. It was cheesy. It was messy. It was dripping with flavor. The whole rip-and-dip method takes every bite to another level, soaking the taco in that rich, flavorful consommé.
Seriously, if you love birria tacos, this is the kind of meal that makes you stop talking for a minute because you’re too busy enjoying every bite.
Overall, everything we had at Tacos El Tio in Egg Harbor Township was packed with flavor. From the mocktail and horchata to the tacos, steak, chips, salsa, and, of course, that amazing birria, we were officially on a one-way trip to Flavor Town.
The restaurant itself has a fun, festive atmosphere. The colorful décor feels like they’re always ready to throw a fiesta, while the music, conversation, laughter, and smiling faces create a lively dining experience.
Tacos El Tio aims to give guests an authentic Mexican dining experience. Now, I can’t personally vouch for exactly how authentic it is, but I can tell you that this was one of the best Mexican meals I’ve had in South Jersey.
And you know me, I’m always ready to explore more of South Jersey, one mocktail, taco, and delicious meal at a time.
So, here’s to finding more local restaurants, discovering more mocktails, and taking even more trips to Flavor Town!
Until next time,
The Sober Party Girl
Final Sober Party Score: 10 out of 10! 🎉🌮🍹
🎉 The Sober Party Girl Pros & Cons
🌮 Pros
🍹 Mocktail-Friendly: A delicious Virgin Mojito with pomegranate? Say less! Fresh, bubbly, minty, and tart—the perfect sober sip.
🥛 Horchata Heaven: Creamy, cold, cinnamon-y, and probably loaded with sugar... but we’re not here to count calories. 😂
🥑 Fresh & Flavorful Food: From veggie tacos topped with shrimp to juicy birria, every dish was packed with flavor.
🧀 Birria + Consommé = Perfection: Cheesy, juicy, messy, and absolutely worth getting sauce all over yourself.
🥩 Something for Everyone: Steak, veggie tacos, shrimp, birria, and plenty of other options mean nobody has to leave hungry.
🥳 Fun Fiesta Atmosphere: Colorful décor, music, laughter, and plenty of energy make this more than just a meal.
🍟 Chips & Salsa: House-made chips and salsa arriving at the table? Yes, please. Keep them coming!
😊 Friendly Service: Quick seating and a server who was happy to accommodate a mocktail request.
🌶️ Cons
🍬 That Horchata Probably Has More Sugar Than I Want to Know About: But honestly... ignorance is bliss.
🌮 Prepare to Get Messy: Those birria tacos and consommé are not a first-date, white-shirt-friendly experience. 😂
🤤 You May Experience Food Jealousy: Everyone's plate looked so good that choosing what to order might be the hardest part of the visit.
😩 You’ll Want to Order Everything: Which is terrible for your wallet... but fantastic for your taste buds.
📍 One More South Jersey Restaurant to Add to Your “Must Try” List: Sorry, not sorry!
Final Verdict: Come hungry, order the birria, don't skip the mocktail, and prepare for a delicious trip to Flavor Town! 🌮🍹🎉
Comments
Post a Comment