A Wildwood Boardwalk Adventure: Cheesesteaks, Nachos & Mocktails!

 This week, we had ourselves a Wildwood, New Jersey adventure! 🌊🎒

We took a nice stroll down the famous Wildwood Boardwalk, checking out all the new stores, food vendors, and the usual assortment of boardwalk chaos. There is seriously SO much to see and do in Wildwood that you could easily spend the entire day, and night, exploring.

And, of course, we had to eat our way through it.

Chocolate-Covered Bananas & Saltwater Taffy

Our first stop was a shop by Morey’s Pier for one of my favorite boardwalk treats: chocolate-covered bananas! 🍌🍫

They used to call these “Monkey Tails,” but that sign seems to have disappeared. The bananas, however, are still going strong, and they still have all the fun topping options.

You can get your chocolate-covered banana rolled in things like:

🌈 Rainbow sprinkles
🍫 Chocolate jimmies
πŸ₯œ Peanut butter
πŸͺ Cookie crumbles

Basically, if you like chocolate and bananas, you're going to have a good time.

After that, we wandered into Douglass Fudge for some classic Jersey Shore treats. Naturally, we left with both fudge AND saltwater taffy because apparently self-control doesn't exist on the boardwalk.

I was searching for a Philadelphia Eagle’s hoodie for my mom, and a few stores later I found the perfect one. I even got to watch them make it right there for me, which was pretty cool!

Honestly, this is one of my favorite things about walking the Wildwood Boardwalk. There is always something to look at, something to eat, or something you suddenly decide you absolutely need.

We easily could have stayed all day and into the night. Especially with Joe wanting to see the aquarium, arcade, and paintball spots. We only got to the arcade this trip, but maybe next time we'll do more.

Skinny Joey’s Cheesesteak: FINALLY!

Eventually, we made our way to the place I've been dying to try: Skinny Joey’s Cheesesteaks in Wildwood.

There was a line a few people deep, but nothing crazy. A digital menu overhead explained how to order your cheesesteak, and, obviously, wiz wit was happening. πŸ˜‚

There were also Skinny Joey's T-shirts and sweatshirts for sale as soon as you walked in, so you can apparently leave with both a cheesesteak and some merch.

But let's talk about the cheesesteak. This thing was a MONSTER.

My prime rib cheesesteak came wrapped in newspaper stories featuring Joey himself, which was a fun little touch. And once I unwrapped this bad boy, I knew we were in business.

It was THICK. CHEESY. BEAUTIFUL.

Seriously. Forget the curly fries and funnel cake. I only want the cheesesteak.

This was one of those meals where you finish eating and immediately start thinking about when you can have it again.

I'm still dreaming about this cheesesteak.

Captain Jack’s on the Wildwood Boardwalk

As the evening rolled in we headed to my work event with WMGM at Captain Jack’s on the boardwalk.

Captain Jack’s is located inside the boardwalk mall and has a bar upstairs and another bar downstairs. While we were working the event, we watched servers come out of the kitchen loaded with huge plates of nachos, followed by burgers.

And eventually, curiosity got the best of me. After the event, I HAD to see what these nachos were all about.

We grabbed seats at the downstairs bar, and I took a look at the menu. There were plenty of options, but they definitely had those boardwalk restaurant prices. Since I was still full from Skinny Joey's, I decided to keep things simple and just order the nachos.

The nachos came with tortilla chips, queso, black olives, and jalapeΓ±os. Were they the most glamorous nachos I've ever eaten? No.

Could they have used some pico de gallo and black beans? Absolutely.

But were they covered in an excessive amount of delicious cheese sauce? YES.

And honestly, isn't that what you want from a good plate of boardwalk nachos?

Sometimes you don't need fancy. You just need chips that are absolutely drowning in cheese.

WAIT... Captain Jack’s Has a Mocktail Menu?! 🍹

Now we get to the important part.

CAPTAIN JACK’S HAS A MOCKTAIL MENU!!!

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

There were five different mocktails on the menu, AND the bartender was completely willing to make us something else if we wanted.

Oh man. If I hadn't already lost half my money at the arcade, I probably would have spent the rest trying every single one. But alas, one mocktail would have to do.

I ordered the Paradise Mocktail, made with pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and coconut puree.

And WOW. This was basically a tropical vacation in a cup.

The pineapple and cranberry worked together perfectly with the creamy coconut puree. It was sweet, tropical, and just the right amount of sassy.

Basically, it was the perfect mocktail for a night on the Wildwood Boardwalk. 🌴🍹

Finding a restaurant on the boardwalk with an actual mocktail menu is always a win in my book. And having five options to choose from? Even better.

One More Walk on the Boardwalk

After one more stroll down the Wildwood Boardwalk, it was finally time to head home.

Of course, we could have stayed longer. That's the problem with Wildwood, you can walk the boardwalk a dozen times and still find another store, snack, game, ride, or restaurant you want to check out.

And that's exactly why I love it.

Between chocolate-covered bananas, saltwater taffy, a massive prime rib cheesesteak, cheesy nachos, and a tropical mocktail, this was a pretty successful Wildwood adventure.

Zero-Proof Options Are Everywhere πŸ‘€

Later in the week, I popped into ShopRite to grab a few things and noticed something I feel like I keep seeing more and more:

ENDLESS SHELVES OF 0% ALCOHOL ALCOHOL!

Seriously. There are SO many non-alcoholic and zero-proof options popping up in stores now. And honestly? I'm here for it.

Maybe I'll try some of them eventually. But you know me… I'm more of a mocktail girl. πŸ’…πŸ»πŸΉ

Give me a cute glass, some fruit juice, something fizzy, and a fun garnish, and I'm a happy girl.

Until next time,

The Sober Party Girl πŸ’…πŸ»✨

Final Sober Party Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

10 out of 10!

🍹 Wildwood Adventure: Pros & Cons

πŸ‘ PROS

  • 🍌 Chocolate-covered bananas with ALL the fun toppings

  • 🍬 Fresh fudge and classic Wildwood saltwater taffy

  • πŸ¦… Eagles merch made right there in the shop

  • πŸ₯© Skinny Joey’s cheesesteak was AMAZING — thick, cheesy, and totally worth the hype

  • πŸ§€ Captain Jack’s nachos were absolutely swimming in queso

  • 🍹 Captain Jack’s has a MOCKTAIL MENU! πŸŽ‰

  • 🌴 The Paradise Mocktail was a tropical dream

  • 🎒 So much to see, eat, shop, and do on the Wildwood Boardwalk

  • πŸ’…πŸ» Plenty of zero-proof options popping up at grocery stores

πŸ‘Ž CONS

  • πŸ’Έ Boardwalk prices can definitely hurt the wallet

  • πŸ§€ The nachos could have used some pico and black beans

  • 🍌 RIP to the “Monkey Tails” sign 😭

  • 🎰 The arcade ate up the rest of my mocktail budget πŸ˜‚

  • Parking…. Always parking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Landing Point Tavern: Worth Every Minute of the Wait

A Brand-New Experience at Pablo’s in Somers Point (+ A Mocktail Surprise at Texas Roadhouse)

Move Over, Somers Point: Webster’s Tavern Is the New Hot Spot in Town